SERENADE SOIL® is a new fungicide designed to protect young plants against the profit-robbing effects of soil diseases like Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium and Phytophthora. Applied at planting, SERENADE SOIL quickly builds a disease protection zone around the seed or transplant. As the plants grow, the beneficial bacteria in SERENADE SOIL continue to grow, expanding the disease protection zone and attaching themselves – like armor – to the roots of the plants. The results are significantly higher-yielding fields.
Features and Benefits:
- Directly attacks diseases in the soil including Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium and Phytophthora;
- Activates plant’s natural defenses by priming systemic responses in the plant;
- Promotes growth and stress resistance;
- Can be tank-mixed with other in-furrow products like fungicides or fertilizers;
- Apply using existing spray or chemigation equipment;
- Unique mode of action (FRAC code 44) for the best defense against the development of fungicide resistance;
- No MRL or residue concerns
For more specific information about SERENADE SOIL, please visit www.serenadesoil.com.
The active ingredient in SERENADE SOIL fungicide, Bacillus subtilis strain QST 713, is a naturally-occurring beneficial soil bacterium. A master of root colonization, B. subtilis strain QST 713 can quickly build a dense biofilm on plant roots. The biofilm acts as a protective barrier for the roots, shielding them from diseases in the soil, even at the roots’ tips. Safely and comfortably growing the root zone, the beneficial bacteria in SERENADE SOIL produce metabolites that:
- kill soil diseases,
- activate plant’s natural defenses,
- promote plant growth,
- and increase the efficiency of photosynthesis.
Germinated tomato seeds dipped into a QST 713 suspension and placed into ½ strength MS medium. After 5 days, the roots were visualized under microscopy in order to observe colonization.
Higher Profitability with SERENADE SOIL
Using SERENADE SOIL improves profitability by protecting the plant from soil diseases and preventing damaging effects from stress, thereby increasing yield. Potato growers using SERENADE SOIL report fewer skips, reduced needs for resets, increased total yields and improved grading quality. Cucurbit growers report larger, greener, more vigorous plants when using SERENADE SOIL. Processing tomato growers report several days earlier harvests and yield improvements of up to 15% over untreated fields, while fresh-market growers report higher marketable yields and improvements in fruit size, compared to fungicide standards.